Making stops in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth, the comprehensive run will see the wildly popular quartet reconnect with a fanbase hungry for new material nearly four years after the release of their previous ARIA #1 album Wilder Mind. With new single “Guiding Light’ released last month, Mumford & Sons have once again proven, they are in the form of their lives.
Speaking about the new album, lead singer Marcus Mumford has said that Delta represents a place where “order meets chaos and shelter meets wilderness”. In this observation, he could easily be referring to the bands’ infamous knack for sweeping, organised musical tumult.
Recorded over the past two years with Paul Epworth (Adele, U2, London Grammar) at his Church Studios in North London, the release aims to capture Mumford & Sons at their impassioned and muscular best. It transfixes on the transitional elements that give meaning to life itself.
Transition has been a theme for Mumford & Sons since they first burst into our lives almost nine years ago with their iconic debut single ‘Little Lion Man’. With that Hottest 100 topping release they ushered in a new era of melodically stunning heart-on-sleeve folk that was recognized the world over.
Masters of the call-to-arms, the band then went on a wildly successful run as their albums Sigh No More, Babel and Wilder Mind sold into the millions. They were awarded the Album of the Year Grammy in 2013 (for Babel) and their songs ‘I Will Wait’, ‘The Cave’ and ‘Roll Away Your Stone’ have entered the public lexicon as rousing anthems to be sung in full-throated unison.
Always a huge hit on this side of the planet, Mumford & Sons were last in the country in 2015, where they closed out their wildly successful Wilder Mind Tour in Sydney with their special Gentlemen of the Road one-day festival.
In a coup for Antipodean fans, the upcoming tour will see the band return to our shores in one of their first major international runs after Delta’s release on November 16 this year.
Michael Kiwanuka signaled his arrival as one of the UK’s most distinctive new voices in 2012 with his vintage soul imbued debut album, Home Again. It was a voice that sounded both rich and timeless, and the young Londoner received widespread critical acclaim. 2016’s Love & Hate LP was a different beast entirely, produced by Danger Mouse it was one of the year’s great peerless records and picked up support across the globe, earning Michael his first number 1 album in the UK, and his first Brit Award nominations too. Having toured the globe alongside a very special collection of musicians, Michael Kiwanuka is a true artist of distinction, and with the best almost certainly yet to come.
2019 AUSTRALIAN DATES
TUE 15 JAN · ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE · BRISBANE
FRI 18 JAN · QUDOS BANK ARENA · SYDNEY
TUE 22 JAN · SIDNEY MYER MUSIC BOWL · MELBOURNE
THU 24 JAN · ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE · ADELAIDE
SUN 27 JAN · RAC ARENA · PERTH
Please note the below Terms and Conditions when purchasing tickets:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS - PLEASE DISPLAY AT POINT OF PURCHASE
1. Tickets may only be purchased by individuals for personal use. Tickets may not be purchased by brokers/businesses/traders or for business/trade purposes or be resold/offered for resale for profit/commercial gain.
2. This ticket confers a personal, revocable licence to attend the named event and, at all times, remains the property of the Promoter.
3. This ticket is sold by the Promoter directly to the individual user via the relevant ticketing agency. Any tickets purchased by business or traders in breach of the Terms and Conditions of Ticket Sale may be cancelled.
4. To the extent permitted by law this ticket may not be resold. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel any ticket distributed or acquired in breach of this condition.
5. Tickets are restricted to a maximum number of 4 per person, per credit or debit card and, for some events, a restriction may apply per household as well. Single transactions comprising more than 4 tickets will be cancelled by the ticketing agent without notice to the purchaser. This policy is in effect to discourage and prevent unfair ticket buying practices.
6. By checking this box, I agree with the Terms and Conditions of Ticket Sale and acknowledge that tickets purchased or subsequently acquired contrary to the Terms and Conditions of Ticket Sale may be cancelled without notice.