Frontier Touring are thrilled to announce the return of legendary Australian rock group Hoodoo Gurus to stages across Australia this December. The announcement celebrates Hoodoo Gurus 40th Anniversary since their first live show in 1981 plus the release of their new single World Of Pain (out today via Universal Music Australia). With special guests, iconic US indie-darlings, The Dandy Warhols, on the bill, this is a stellar line-up you won’t want to miss.
"We are thrilled to be going around Australia to play for our fans again. Even better, we are honoured to be accompanied by our admirable friends, The Dandy Warhols from the US. Between the two of us, there are gonna be plenty of opportunities for crowd singalongs, and after the turmoil of the last year and a half, that's gonna be incredibly therapeutic for everyone. You can be certain that both of our bands will be fired up and rarin' to go."
The Gurus kick off the tour at Brisbane’s Riverstage on Wednesday 1 December, before heading to Melbourne’s Sidney Myer Music Bowl on Friday 3 December. Next up is Sydney’s Hordern Pavilion on Saturday 4 December, before they head across to Adelaide Entertainment Centre Theatre on Thursday 9 December, and close out the tour at Perth at the Belvoir Homestead & Amphitheatre on Saturday December 11.
Since their formation in 1981, Hoodoo Gurus’ boast 9 x ARIA Top 20 albums, 9 x ARIA Top 40 singles and a swag of multi-platinum albums – they’re mainstays on the live scene, and perpetually influential to a new generation of artists.
2021 is of particular significance for the Hoodoo Gurus, marking an impressive 40 years recording and touring. December of this year will mark the release of the band’s first album in over a decade. It is Hoodoo Gurus evocative and relatable lyricism, peerless song writing - with a hint of punk attitude - placed in a distinctively Australian context that has provided a careful balance of critical success and enduring mainstream appeal for 40 years.
‘...Dave Faulkner's crunching surf guitar riff took us straight back to the heaving beer barns of the 1980s in which the Gurus made their name. ...Rick Grossman's roiling bass, Brad Shepherd's fanging rhythm guitar and Nik Rieth's martial drumming kicked in... a tribute to the Gurus' tightness, showmanship and sheer number of well-known tunes.’ – Sydney Morning Herald 2020
Joining the Gurus for the anniversary tour are US indie band, The Dandy Warhols. Hailing from the US and known worldwide for mega hits like ‘Bohemian Like You’ and pop culture classic, ‘We Used To Be Friends’, the band recently celebrated their own 25th anniversary in 2019. From countless global tours, to playing to over 100,000 punters at the 2000 Glastonbury Festival and even taking to the stage during the Greek riots, the Warhols are no stranger to putting on a show. With one hell of a back catalogue and a live presence that has stood the test of time, this pairing of forces is one you don’t want to miss.
Frontier Members can access their pre-sale from Wednesday 26 May, before tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday 28 May. Secure tickets early to avoid missing out!
SA Health has directed that Venue management implement the following COVIDSafe measures with ALL patrons required to comply without exception:
1. WEAR A MASK - All patrons shall be strictly required to wear a face mask when entering and moving around the Venue at all times (excluding children under 12). Masks may only be removed whilst eating or drinking in your allocated seat. You are requested to bring your own reusable mask. If you don’t have a reusable mask, surgical masks will be available on entry.
2. Arrive early – All patrons are recommended to allow additional time due to COVID measures in place which may delay entry.
3. Print your tickets (if you selected Print at Home Ezy Tickets) and have all tickets ready to be scanned at entry.
4. Scan the SA Government QR code on entry. Use of the mySA GOV app on your phone will facilitate quick Stadium entry.
5. Sit in your allocated RESERVED seat as ticketed.
6. Adelaide Entertainment Centre is a cashless venue - no cash transactions will be accepted, including car parking.
7. Food and beverage may only be consumed whilst seated in your reserved seat.
If you are attending the event as part of a group, as the primary ticket purchaser, you are responsible for knowing the contact details of all attendees in your group. Should you be contacted directly by the Government, including the Department of Health, for the purposes of contact tracing, you must: (a) make the contact details of your group available (if you have the consent of each group member to do so); or (b) contact each member of your group, and request that they provide their contact details to the Government directly. You are responsible for passing on the above information to all members in your group.
As always, we need you to:
- Limit the number and size of bags you bring and have any bags ready for inspection as you approach your entry. This will make security checks faster and safer.
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell
- If you develop any cold or flu symptoms after the event please get tested for COVID-19
Thank you for your cooperation, and we look forward to seeing you at the event!
CLICK HERE FOR OUR COVID SAFE MEASURES