British indie rockers, and one of Australia’s most loved acts, The Wombats will be touring Australia in June 2022!
The news accompanies the release of the band’s brand new single, ‘If You Ever Leave, I’m Coming With You’, along with the announcement that their fifth studio album, Fix Yourself, Not The World, will be available 7 January 2022.
The national tour cements The Wombats’ overt love of a trip down under with seven dates spanning shows in Perth, Hobart, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra and Brisbane.
The Wombats’ welcomed trip to Australia will follow a bunch of huge shows for the band with them taking to the main stage at Reading & Leeds Festival and Neighbourhood Weekender this year, plus their biggest ever UK headline tour scheduled for 2022.
Following the cathartic ‘Method To The Madness’, The Wombats’ new single ‘If You Ever Leave, I'm Coming With You’ is an infectious electro-pop ode to obsessive devotion. It is the second track to be released from The Wombats’ upcoming album, Fix Yourself, Not The World, and is BBC Radio 1’s Future Sounds Hottest Record In The World.
The Wombats’ upcoming album was recorded remotely over the past year from each member’s respective home, with frontman Matthew “Murph” Murphy based in Los Angeles, bassist Tord Øverland Knudsen in Oslo and drummer Dan Haggis in London. The band worked with producers Jacknife Lee (U2, The Killers), Gabe Simon (Dua Lipa, Lana Del Rey), Paul Meaney (Twenty One Pilots, Nothing But Thieves), Mark Crew (Bastille, Rag‘n’Bone Man) and Mike Crossey (The 1975, The War on Drugs, Yungblud) on the record.
Fix Yourself, Not The World is some of the most captivating, inventive and forward-thinking music of the band’s career to date. We cannot wait to catch it live!
“To say we’re excited about coming back to Australia to play some shows is the understatement of the century, but hey, the English language can only do so much. So without further ado... WE ARE SO FORKING EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE THAT WE HAVE A NEW ALBUM COMING OUT IN JANUARY AND A TOUR, YES THAT’S RIGHT, SOME ACTUAL GIGS/CONCERTS/PERFORMANCES IN AUSTRALIA NEXT YEAR, CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL!" D, M & T (The Wombats x).
The Wombats have toured the globe countless times during their 15-year career and played sets at the world’s major music festivals including Coachella, Lollapalooza and Glastonbury. They’ve remained favourites for Australian crowds, with three albums gracing the ARIA top 5, and multiple performances over the years at Splendour in the Grass, Groovin’ The Moo and Falls Festival.
The 2022 tour marks the continuation of the Liverpudlian trio’s love affair with Australia.
Fans can gain early access to the tour presale by pre-ordering Fix Yourself, Not The World here. General onsale starts at 9am local Monday 23 August via secretsounds.com.
THE WOMBATS AUS TOUR 2022
SUNDAY 5 JUNE (PUBLIC HOLIDAY EVE) – HBF STADIUM, PERTH
TUESDAY 7 JUNE – CITY HALL, HOBART
THURSDAY 9 JUNE – ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE THEATRE, ADELAIDE
FRIDAY 10 JUNE – JOHN CAIN ARENA, MELBOURNE
SATURDAY 11 JUNE – HORDERN PAVILION, SYDNEY
WEDNESDAY 15 JUNE – UC REFECTORY, CANBERRA
FRIDAY 17 JUNE – RIVERSTAGE, BRISBANE
Please note, SA Health has directed that venue management implement the following COVID Safe measures, with ALL patrons required to comply without exception:
All patrons will be required to show confirmation of their QR code check in upon arrival at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre. Entry to the venue will not be permitted until this is sighted by our staff.
1. WEAR A MASK - All patrons shall be strictly required to wear a face mask at all times (excluding children under 12), unless you have a medical exemption for which evidence must be produced upon request. Masks may only be removed whilst eating or drinking in your allocated seat. You are requested to bring your own reusable mask. If you don’t have a reusable mask, surgical masks will be available on entry.
2. Arrive early – All patrons are recommended to allow additional time due to COVID measures in place which may delay entry.
3. Print your tickets (if you selected Print at Home Ezy Tickets) and have all tickets ready to be scanned at entry.
4. Any food & beverage must be consumed when seated only.
5. Adelaide Entertainment Centre is a cashless venue - no cash transactions will be accepted, including car parking.
If you are attending the event as part of a group, as the primary ticket purchaser, you are responsible for knowing the contact details of all attendees in your group. Should you be contacted directly by the Government, including the Department of Health, for the purposes of contact tracing, you must: (a) make the contact details of your group available (if you have the consent of each group member to do so); or (b) contact each member of your group, and request that they provide their contact details to the Government directly. You are responsible for passing on the above information to all members in your group.
As always, we need you to:
• Limit the number and size of bags you bring and have any bags ready for inspection as you approach your entry gate. This will make security checks faster and safer.
• Stay home if you are feeling unwell. If you develop any cold or flu symptoms after the event please get tested for COVID-19
Thank you for your cooperation and we look forward to seeing you at the event!